Ingwe Projects and Consulting is a project management, engineering and consulting company specializing in the Mining, Energy and Infrastructure Sectors.
Ingwe delivers high quality professional services by applying years of prior experience on small through to large capital projects on all continents. Committing to local transformation and sustainability in line with the South African Governments aspirational requirements of empowering local citizens, small businesses and communities.
Ingwe has a service culture with a passion for strategy, projects and people diversity & development.
- We conduct smart and honest business to the benefit of our clients.
- We believe in long term partnerships with like-minded engineers and business people.
- We apply flexibility in dealing with the diverse needs of our clients.
- We strive to understand the key business drivers for each project, then plan to meet them.
- Our direct involvement as part of Eastern and Western companies provide us with the ideal insight to not only guide, but also listen to our clients to avoid pitfalls.
The founders and leadership team of Ingwe Projects and Consulting:
Tumi is an enthusiastic people’s person who has a degree in Marketing. His drive and enthusiasm towards our client’s businesses as well as to the transformation of business in South Africa is inspiring and contagious. He’s driving Business Development and on a personal level has a passion for personal fitness.
Rocco holds an engineering degree (Cum Laude), is a registered professional engineer (Pr.Eng) with a Masters degree in Electrical Engineering and multiple project management, management and legal qualifications. He is a visionary with a passion for strategy and for driving projects to success. Rocco mentors’ young graduates to achieve their own professional registrations. He has also managed and executed large projects on all continents on both client and contractor sides of the spectrum. His expertise extends to the Mining, Energy and Infrastructure sectors.
Sonja is the glue that holds the cats on track, with a Diploma in Total Quality Management. She has vast experience in multiple business/project areas from global leadership roles, quality, training, SCADA design & Commissioning, project systems setup, SAP Projects Module, Enterprise Development, project controls, accounting and invoicing. With this variety of skills, multi-tasking is in her wheelhouse.
Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA)
Ingwe project teams are registered Professional Engineers, Technologist and Technicians reflecting one of our core values to deliver high quality, and safe designs.
Anglo American Approved Supplier
Ingwe is a registered supplier of Project Management and Engineering services to Anglo America. As a master contract holder for Kumba.
Certified system design/install companies in South Africa of the German designed, EU approved SolteQ solar tiles, having successfully passed all the required SoleQ exams with exemplary scores.
Ingwe assisted Marley to spearhead the roll out of SolteQ solar tiles that interlock with standard Marley tiles. We meet and exceed all Marley’s requirements and are accredited with them.
Accredited PV Greencard holder for solar installations. All our installations get registered as PV Greencard accredited meeting all stipulated requirements are met.
Our 60% black owned Level 2 BEE certification reflects our commitment to transformation in South Africa to the benefit of all who live in it.
Ingwe Projects and Consulting partners with various like-minded professional companies in the industry with skill sets that dovetail with that of our own to deliver the best results for our clients.
Key partnership criteria:
- Due to long term relationships with common objectives and complementary skills,
- Trust in each other (partner company leadership and individuals) to deliver.
- Economical to obtain highly specialized skills through partnerships if not required full time.
- Geographic location of partners providing a bigger combined footprint.
- Complementary products and services.
- The flexibility to build excellent project teams with Ingwe as the responsible lead partner, and single point of contact for the client.
Our current strategic partners are:
- Lycopodium Minerals Africa (LYCO) – Mining Project Management and Engineering
- SMEC – Infrastructure Project Management and Engineering
- ADP – Kholo Marine and Minerals
- SolteQ – German designed and manufactured solar roof tiles
- E-Power Technologies – Solar products, services and installers
- Marley Roofing – Local supply of German designed and manufactured solar roof tiles.
Health, Safety and Environment:
- Maintain a safe workplace, protect the environment by always seeking opportunities to minimize both our, and our clients carbon footprint, through clean designs and green energy solutions where possible.
- Constant evaluation of our compliance to HSE requirements and laws.
- Strong leadership commitment in framing and driving desirable HSE outcomes.
- Reduce both human and financial costs of injuries and illness.
- Consultation on issues that may affect an individual’s health and safety.
- Seeking and respecting views of our stakeholders, including community views.
Ingwe has core governance policies in place each with management committee under the accountability of the Directors. This backs up our core values to conduct business in a trustworthy, transparent and honest manner:
- IPC-POL-0001 – HSE Policy
- IPC-POL-0003 – Code of Ethics
- IPC-POL-0007 – Corporate Social Investment Policy
- IPC-POL-0008 – HIV Aids Policy
- IPC-POL-0009 – Employment Equity Policy
- IPC-POL-0010 – Quality Policy
Commitment to uplift historically disadvantaged citizens by mentorship and internships:
- Implementing a formal mentorship programme to actively guide and assist young engineers to achieve professional engineering (Pr.Eng) status,
- Providing hands-on training and working experience to individuals completing their studies, in collaboration with Government’s SETA’s.
Commitment to local communities and businesses where we deliver projects:
- Always look for opportunities to partner with local suppliers and/or utilise local labour.
- Consider the health of their environment and ensure minimal impact.
Commitment to low income communities living in informal settlements with little to no skills:
- Using weekends to teach local communities basic engineering skills.
- Employing communities on an ad-hoc basis to assist with clean up and maintenance projects.
- Teaching the youth in the community to safely use basic hand and power tools.
- Assisting communities to maintain and clean-up of their living areas to provide a healthier environment for themselves and especially their children.
Implement this program which is oversubscribed and fully supported by community committees.